Summer is a time of activity. Warmer temperatures and longer days leave more time for outdoor adventures. Whether that's a quick trip to the beach, days spent wandering around in your favorite forest, or a week long vacation exploring an exotic location - we all want to make the most of this energizing season.
Unfortunately, summer is also when I find I am depleted of energy more often than usual. The combination of those hot, humid days spent outside, being away from home more often, and the sun setting later leaves me feeling less relaxed and a bit more tired, which makes me feel less like myself.
Today I want to share a few of the ways I get back to feeling myself during the summer season.
- Get more fluids into your body (boosting your hydration will help you feel less sluggish) with a tasty and beneficial herbal iced tea. My favorite is vitamin C packed hibiscus. Try brewing up some hibiscus tea with a cinnamon stick and a touch of honey. You won't be disappointed, I promise!
- Start your morning with a quiet activity like a gentle yoga flow, meditation, a relaxing walk outside, or journaling.
- Take time every night to do something that you love. Light a candle, watch a movie, read a book, listen to music, do a jigsaw puzzle - whatever you find relaxing and fun make it a point to fit some time in for it.
- Set your bedroom up for a good night's rest. Diffuse some Lavender, Bergamot, Roman Chamomile, and Ylang Ylang to create a peaceful atmosphere. Enhance the peaceful energy by placing a crystal or two by your bedside. My favorites are selenite to keep your room clear of negative energy (kind of like an air purifier for bad vibes) and amethyst for it's soothing energy. Fun fact: Amethyst may also help you remember your dreams!
- If you're looking to keep that calm, grounded energy going all day long, the earthy Terra necklace or moss agate bracelet will do the job. The grounding energy of moss agate will help keep you calm, balanced, and stress-free so you can see the beauty and joy in all things. Magnify that energy by pairing your moss agate pieces with Elixir No.1 botanical perfume. With grounding patchouli and comforting and heart expanding rose essential oils blended into a vanilla infused based, it evokes a lovely, warm feeling that will help get you back to your beautiful and balanced self in no time!
Thanks for reading, and if you have a favorite way you like to relax and recharge, let me know in the comments. I would love to hear! Talk to you soon!