Autumn is here and it's time to get cozy!
Here are a few of my favorite things I'm burning, cooking, and doing during my favorite season.
Cozy Season = Candle Season
Here at crescent & crow every season is candle season, but when the days get chillier and the nights grow longer candles just seem a bit more special.
That warm glow and the soft crackling of our wooden wicks, combined with your favorite comforting scent is just the thing to create that cozy atmosphere we seem to crave this time of year.
Here are five of my favorite scents for getting cozy...
- Harvest Moon - pumpkin + warm spice - Definitely not your basic pumpkin spice candle.
- Warm + Cozy - maple cream + cinnamon - The name says it all.
- Ember - smokey vanilla + birch - Toasted marshmallows, but make it luxe.
- Cashmere - cashmere musk + tonka bean - The scent will envelop you like a warm, luxurious sweater.
- Vintage - vintage leather + oak - Transport yourself to an old study sitting by a crackling fire, surrounded by vintage books while sipping on a warm drink.
Cook Up Something Yummy
Nothing says cozy like a warm, comforting meal. Here are a few of my favorite recipes...
- Pappardelle with Portabello Mushroom Ragu - This recipe is so easy, yet it tastes like it took way longer to make. It's on regular rotation over here at the crescent & crow "nest".
- Thyme & White Bean Pot Pies - Comfort food at it's finest.
- Creamy Tortellini Vegetable Soup - You can't have cozy season without a cozy soup. Bonus points for being a slow cooker recipe.
- Apple Cider Doughnut Loaf Cake - You're welcome ;)
- Warm Spiced Cider - A Lauren original recipe. Drink it as is or add a shot of your favorite brandy or bourbon. I hope you love it!
Once Fall hits I am in full blown stay home mode. A few of my fave activities include...
- Read, read, read - Stock up on your favorite books and take advantage of hibernation season.
- Movies, movies, movies - Put on your pjs, grab some snacks, and wrap up in your favorite blanket for a cozy night of movie watching.
- Game Night - Snacks + Games = FUN. Need a few snack or drink suggestions? Check out this Pinterest board of mine.
Ok, that's all for now. Thanks for reading, and if you try my warm spiced cider recipe let me know! I would love to hear how you liked it. Talk to you soon!